Home made nut milk
Home made nut milk is easy to make and much healthier than store bought alternatives.
Recipe type: Drink
- 1 cup nuts soaked overnight in water
- 1 liter water
- 3 dates or sweetener of your choice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Soak 1 cup of nuts overnight in water with a pinch of salt
- If you have time, remove the shells of the almonds. This step is not essential but recommended.
- Drain excess water of the soaked nuts and add to a blender with water, dates and vanilla. Blend together on high.
- Strain the blended liquid through a nut milk bag. If you don't own a nut milk bag or cheesecloth, use a clean dishtowel to strain the milk.
- Discard the residue.
- Transfer liquid to airtight container and keep refrigerated.
- Will keep for 3 days more or less.