Chickpea Basmati rice
Fragrant chickpea rice with fresh coriander
Recipe type: Side
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamon seeds
- 250ml organic basmati rice
- 375 ml boiled water
- 2 tbsp brown vinegar
- 1 tsp honey.
- 1 cup fresh coriander
- 1 cup cooked chickpeas or a drained can of chickpeas
- Over medium heat, melt the butter and sauté the onion until soft.
- Add the spices and fry with the onion for 2 mins.
- Add the rice and the chickpeas and stir until everything has been coated with butter.
- Add the boiled water and close with a tight fitting lid. Simmer for 15-18mins. Do not stir.
- Add the honey to the vinegar. Stir it through the cooked rice.
- Serve with the fresh coriander